Part 5 – Ankle Sprains
Ankle sprains are a common sporting injury that we see in the clinic. They result in pain and swelling which can resolve within days to weeks depending on the severity of the injury.
A return to sport plan for an ankle sprain will consider the following:
- Decreasing swelling and pain
- Restoring joint range of motion
- Improving lower limb strength
- Addressing balance and proprioception
- Jumping, landing and running mechanics
Our Podiatrist & Exercise Physiologists are equipped with the knowledge assess your ankle injury and guide your rehabilitation and injury prevention program. To book an appointment please contact the clinic on 02 5926 3806 or book online.