As we come into the end of winter sports season it is the perfect time to address any existing injuries or start an injury prevention program in readiness for next season.
For existing sporting injuries the typical phases of recovery are:
- Protection phase: Controlling pain and swelling
- Repair phase: Soft tissue healing occurs
- Remodelling phase: On-going soft tissue repair.
- Maturation phase: New tissue starts to mature and strengthen.
- Final Stage: Final stage of tissue healing. Preparation to avoid re-injury.
These phases look different for each individual depending on their injury and circumstances!
Injury prevention includes assessment of physical and psychological readiness to return to sport! Keep an eye out on our socials and blog as we look closer at injury rehabilitation and prevention strategies for some of the common injuries we see in the clinic:
If you need help with injury management book online or contact the clinic on 02 5926 3806!