You can find our most frequently asked questions about what to expect, what to bring and how much an appointment will cost below. If you cannot find what you’re after feel free to contact us via the form on this page or Contact Us. We are here to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
Your appointments will consist of:
- Listening: We listen to understand you, the activities you enjoy, how your problem presented and how it affects you.
- Accurate diagnosis: We may need to refer you for diagnostic imaging such as X-ray, ultrasound, MRI or pathology.
- Assessing and addressing the causative factors: We settle your pain and address the reasons why it presented.
- Management and guidance: We provide you with a tailored management plan, confirm your treatment goals, diagnosis, timeframe and management to get you active, healthy and happy!
We pride ourselves on creating ‘wow’ experiences for our clients and focus on treating the cause of the problem, not just the symptoms, to target long term success.
To get the most out of you appointment bring
- Previous results: If you have had imaging/results, please bring them with you.
- Health history: Medications list, other conditions you have been diagnosed with, past injuries or surgeries, family health history
- Referral: A referral is not required to see our Practitioners. Though if you have one, please bring it along.
- Clothing: We will get you to do some movement/walking/activity as part of your assessment. Dress appropriately if possible.
- Medicare card, health insurance card: Where applicable we can process your rebate at our clinics.
For Podiatry consults also consider bringing
- Footwear: Work, exercise, casual, slippers, thongs. They all help us to help you.
- Orthotic devices: If you have orthoses now or previously please bring them along.
If you have any questions please contact us prior to your appointment.
We welcome both referral and non-referral patients.
Depending on your pain or condition, your Practitioner may contact your Doctor or other Health Professionals to ensure you are receiving the appropriate assistance you need for your recovery.
Note: If you have been issued a referral please notify our staff when booking an appointment.
Our fees reflect the high quality of care we provide as well as the knowledge, ability and experience of our Practitioners.
Fees depend on the length of the appointment and services delivered.
- Initial consults range from $100 – $200 depending on allocated time and Practitioner type.
- Follow up consults range from $85 – $150 depending on allocated time and Practitioner type.
Our fees are transparent, if there is ever a product/service required in addition to your standard appointment fee, we will always let you know and seek your approval before proceeding.
If you have Private Health insurance typically you will receive between 35-50% back on initial consults and 30-40% back on follow-up visits. Rebates are dependent on your level of coverage.
If you have Private Health insurance we can process your claim on the spot via our TYRO HealthPoint terminal in our Tumut clinic.
In our outreach locations we can email you a receipt so you can manually claim.
Cover and rebate varies significantly between Health Funds, please confirm with your Insurer your level of cover and prospective rebate you may be entitled to.
Please ensure to bring your Private Health card to your consultation.
Yes. We accept Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plans (formally known as Enhanced Primary Care or EPC plan).
Note: Please call to arrange your CDM appointment. You must provide a copy of your CDM referral at your initial consultation in order to proceed with treatment and management of your condition.
In order to receive a Medicare rebate or access bulk billing for our services, you must provide a valid referral from your doctor, as part of a GP Management Plan (GPMP).
We can process rebates on-the-spot after your appointment via our TYRO Healthpoint/EFTPOS terminal or online. To avoid rebate delays make sure your bank account listed with Medicare is up to date.
Yes. All of our Practitioners can provide services under these schemes, once a referral from your Doctor is provided.
Please notify our Receptionists of your Insurer, Case Manager and case number when booking your appointment and bring any supporting documentation.
We are proud supporters of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Note: To book an initial consultation please notify us of your: NDIS plan management type, NDIS number and/or your Plan Manager contact details.
We love helping people reach their goals, contact us to see how we can help you reach yours!
Yes. We welcome DVA patients.
To access services you must provide a valid ‘D904’ referral from your GP and your DVA White or Gold Card.
Note: Please advise us if another Therapist has provided you with treatment during the previous 12 months, this will prevent us from experiencing difficulties in claiming payment for services provided to you.
We currently offer bulk billing for:
- Weekly T2D group exercise and education groups run by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Note: A valid medicare referral from your GP addressed to ‘Rural Health’ is required
To deliver you ongoing high quality care, extended consult times, minimal waiting time and support our highly trained health practitioners we are unable to sustainably bulk bill for other services, but don’t forget your referral and medicare card so we can process your rebate on the spot!
Physiotherapists diagnose and treat injuries, pain and reduced function with manual therapy and exercise.
Exercise Physiologists rehabilitate injuries, manage chronic conditions and improve athletic performance with exercise.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists specialise in clinical exercise interventions for people with a broad range of health issues. These interventions are exercise based and include health and physical activity education, advice and support and lifestyle modification with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change.
There is some overlap between the two professions, which can be confusing. If you are in pain now, we recommend seeing Physiotherapist to diagnose the cause of pain and guide you through the next steps…
If you are still unsure who can help you best our Reception team can take you details and discuss with our Practitioner team and then let you know who would be best suited to help!
Yes. We recognise that some clients are unable to visit our clinic. In cases that you cannot drive/get transport to the clinic or perhaps are housebound, we may be able to offer a home visit.
To book a home visit please call, make sure to specify you require a home visit and provide your address.
Note: Home visits are subject to limited availability. Travel fees apply for visits outside of residential Tumut.
Yes you can! Here is the process, we’ll be sad to see you go…
- To arrange a transfer of records you must complete a ‘transfer of medical records form’, this may be requested in person or via email.
- To cover administrative resources and costs we charge a reasonable fee of $66 gst inc. payable in Clinic or remotely via Stripe or Bank Transfer.
- A copy of your file is then sent to your new practitioner.
- Please note that on transfer or release of medical records we can no longer be held responsible for the security and privacy of your information